Cats versus Dogs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will we finally find out who is better? Cats or Dogs?

3 posters

Defense Field

Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Defense Field Empty Defense Field

Post  Blaze the Draizch Sat May 22, 2010 6:00 am

A large, open area where the larger catapults are. Near the healing building.

As the helicopters hovered to the ground, medics inside them prepared to take the injured into the healing building ASAP.

The helicopters touched down, and the medics took the injured felines to the healing room.
    Gavina
    Gavina

Defense Field Empty Re: Defense Field

Post  Gavina Mon May 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Kasa was right behind them, intent on discovering the identity of this black puma. She got directions to the room he was being held in, and simply walked through the door. The mysterious feline was already on a bed with a simple white blanket over him for what ever reason. It was easy enough to tell that his still had any and all clothes and weapons on him. No reason to think any dark thoughts about that.
    "Now just to figure out who you are." Kasa mumbled to the air.
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:55 am

Gail stood in the doorway, witching to be in battle, although last time he saw, it had died down, with only a few straglers easily being dispatched. So now, he stood there, watching, just to be near his best friend, and to make sure the puma didn't try anything while she investigated. The mixed breed cat didn't trust strangers the best, although he was the kind and caring type. Once he knew your name though, you were all set to be his friend.
    But when you come in unanounced, and are towed to HQ without a name, yeah, he would be more wary.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:10 am

Only part-awake, Harlequin didn't take much notice. It was easy to tell from his expression he was in pain. "At least I'm alive." He muttered. He figured he was out of the battle, there being no warlike noises anywhere. He suddenly regained sensory awareness and smelled two other felines in the room. He got up quickly, abeit startled. He could tell the were all around the same age. Feeling for his daggers under the sheet, he asked, "Who are you two?" figuring he would receive the same question.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:10 am

Only part-awake, Harlequin didn't take much notice. It was easy to tell from his expression he was in pain. "At least I'm alive." He muttered. He figured he was out of the battle, there being no warlike noises anywhere. He suddenly regained sensory awareness and smelled two other felines in the room. He got up quickly, abeit startled. He could tell the were all around the same age. Feeling for his daggers under the sheet, he asked, "Who are you two?" figuring he would receive the same question.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:11 am

Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Gail gripped his own weapon, seeing the puma starting to awake, shifting around under his sheets. He desperatly hoped Kasa would take a step back, even though she wasn't the type to do so.
    "If I were you, I would be introducing myself first," he warned. "Especially when in the Feline HQ, where you're easily outnumbered."
    To say that Gail got a bad vibe from him would be an understatment.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:37 am

"Agreed." He replied curtly. "My name is Harlequin." Then, pointing to the dark red diamond mark around his eye, he said, "But what was that name that was given to me? The Red Diamond, I believe? Quite idiotic." For a cold, dark, misunderstood beast, he was slightly gentleman-like. "Please pardon the intrusion, however I have the same, if not more, disdain for the humans. They had the gall to take away everything important to me..." It was somewhat noticable his anger was picking up, but then he calmed down. "Ahem... And our names would be?"
    Gavina
    Gavina

Post  Gavina Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:01 am

"Kasa." Came the reply.
    The feline mearly tilted her head to one side, studying Harlequin. Neither name he had said registered in her mind, so that would mean he wasnt in the feline army, or he just joined. Yet by the way he was acting, it was probably more likely that he didnt belong here. She turned her head and looked over her shoulder at Gail, giving him a warning look not to do anything yet.
    Turning back around, Kasa spread her hands, palms facing up. It was basically her way of saying she had no weapon and wasnt going to try anything. She just wanted to know one thing.
    "If you despise humans, then why are you not with the feline army?"
    The tone she used held no hosility, only curiosity and slight confusion.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Harlequin's expression became upset. "Two years ago, I was at home during a meeting of the Feline adults. Under 16 were not permitted. Being 14 at the time... You get the idea. I had no love or understanding for rules, so I seized the opprotunity to escape Star Mountain. I walked for miles, and found a nice spot to live out my days..."

(Flashback mode)
    Yawning, Harlequin arose from his makeshift bed in the treehouse. But he could tell, this morning, he was not alone. "Show yourself!" He demanded. He got down from the house, took a step, and was whipped up into a trap. "I've got you now!" Came a yell. It was from a female feline, it sounded. A young ocelot about his age landed in front of him. "Well, you aren't a deer!" She said, confused. "Darn right I'm not." Harlequin said, with a slight laugh. "I'm right sorry, there, mate." She said with a thick Australian accent. " Can you just let me down?" Harlequin said impatiently. "Dang right I could!" She said quickly leaping and slicing the rope with a shortsword. Landing with a thud, then getting up, Harlequin said, "And what are you doing here?" "Blimey, same as you, I s'pose. Came here to live rule-free." "And I as well." "Name's Maple. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance." "My name is Harlequin. Likewise."

(Unflashback)
    "And that day began a great relationship with her. We remained... In love, I suppose... For almost two years. Then that fateful day came..."

(Flashback again)
    "Blimey, Quin, what's that racket about?" It being only 7 in the morning, Harlequin was still tired. "I dunno... Want me to check?" "Well, yes, I do!" "Alright..." Lazily getting out of bed, Quin stepped outside. He walked toward the source. It didn't take but a few seconds. It woke him up in a hurry. "Humans, Maple! Run!" "What? Humans!?!? HERE!?!? Dammit, how'd they get here?!?!?" "Less talk! More run!" Maple leapt down the ladder, hurting her legs at the bottom. She got up and grabbed Quin's paw. Then they ran. A gunshot could be heard. It flew toward Maple... And hit her, near her heart. But she lived on, and falling, landed with a thud. Harlequin picked her up and ran with her.

Finally, they had gotten away. Harlequin held Maple. "It's the end, Quin... I'm finished." "Don't talk like that!" Harlequin snapped, tears coming to his eyes. "You were amazing. Don't worry yourself about that." "What about you!?!?" "As I said... *cough* I'm done for. I'll see you on the other side, Quin..." And with that, she breathed her last. "No... Maple... Don't leave me..." No response. "Maple, stop it, wake up!!!" Still nothing. "N-n-no... NO... NOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

(Unflashback)
    "Since then, I have sworn revenge on all humans." Harlequin finished, tears streaking his black face.
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:42 am

Gail still stood in the doorway, not moving. Sempathy for the other feline shown easily in his eyes, and the tom started to share Kasa's interest, although masking it much better. He didn't know excactly what Harlequin had gone through, but Gail knew he would be lost if Kasa had died. They may not be deathly in love, but the two relied on eachother greatly as friends and companions alone.
    So he understood to an extent.
    But still, he remained silent, looking at the crying feline with saddened and slightly understanding eyes, unsure how to comfort him.
    Gavina
    Gavina

Post  Gavina Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:11 pm

When the end of the puma's tale came to, Kasa was ready to have a fit. Half of her wanted to just go out and obliterate all humans, the other wanted to cry along with the unknown feline.
    Her eyes were soft with understanding, but held no pity for Harlequin. Something told her that pity was something the cougar would become enraged at. Insted, she just slowly reached out and touched the loner on the arm ever so gently. She wanted to show him that he wasnt alone in this battle, that he didnt have to take on the human population with nobody to back him up.
    Now all he had to do was know that.
    And all Gail had to do was not jump to conclusions.
    Boys were complicated...
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Harlequin glanced up, but didn't pay much heed. However, he sensed their pity. "It's ok." He said. It was untruthful-it wasn't ok. "Nothing anyone can do will bring her back. No matter how much I reminisce, no matter how much I hurt, no matter how many humans are slain, and no matter how much I'd love for her return. She's gone." He said, sadness tainting his voice.
    Gavina
    Gavina

Post  Gavina Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Kasa stepped back and folded her arms over her chest. She examined the puma. He seemed alright, just a little closed off from the world. She tilted her head to one side as she thought about something, but her gaze never left the loner feline. Finally, she asked one simple question.
    "Why dont you just join back with the felines? It will be better then being alone all the time."
    In her mind, Kasa was doing the right thing, though technically she didnt have the authority to allow anyone into the feline army. That was Clover's job.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Clearing his voice, Harlequin looked up. "I suppose so. It couldn't hurt, I guess." He said, starting to regain his composure.
    Gavina
    Gavina

Post  Gavina Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:35 am

Kasa nodded, then glanced at Gail. Both of them knew she wasnt allowed to do what she just did. But it was to late for that.
    Turning back to Harlequin, she nodded and gave him a small smile.
    "Thats done then. Theres plenty of rooms open in the 'trainees' part of the world, so you can pick which one you want to stay in if you want." The feline told him.
    After that, Kasa backed off and aimed for the door. She stood in the doorway, knowing Gial would probably follow. She planned on letting the puma recover without any more interuptions.
    "I'll be going now, unless you have anything left to ask or say." She said.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:02 am

Harlequin shook his head no, then laid down. A medic walked into the room. "I'm sorry, but you should leave. I have to get the bullet out of his leg." She said, pointing to Harlequin. Harlequin, anticipating pain, cringed at the words. "I also couldn't help but overhear about Maple." Harlequin quickly got defensive. "What of it?" "I may be able to assist you." Harlequin raised an eyebrow, then asked how. "Canines, such as myself, have been learning how to bring the recently deceased to life again." "She's been dead for two years." "That aside, it would be a good test." "Very well." "I will see what can be done after I remove the bullet." "Fine..." The curtain was closed in front of Gail and Kasa, for about an hour. Then, it was opened again. A strange figure stood between Gail and Kasa. Harlequin had a cast wrapped around his right leg. The medic said, "I made a few radio contacts, and we were able to find someone. Someone you've been missing, I'm sure." Harlequin grabbed a crutch and stood up. The figure walked into the room. It was a female ocelot, about Kasa's age. She had a cast around her ribcage. "Is... Is that...?" "Yep." The creature said. Her Aussie accent was instantly recognizable. "Maple... Maple!" Harlequin shouted. "Harlequin. It just wasn't heaven without you." She walked to the injured feline. At they same time, they said, "I missed you." They kissed each other, happy as two could be. "How did you find her?" Harlequin said. "I listened to the description of where she was, and was able to find her." Harlequin felt a zap on his leg. "What was that?" "Your leg is healed." Harlequin tested it, and indeed it was. Harlequin and Maple walked out together, arms linked.
    "How much pain that poor creature endured." The canine medic sighed.
    Gavina
    Gavina

Post  Gavina Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Kasa let out a low growl once Harlequin and Maple left.
    "Canines and their technology, I swear." She snarled softly.
    She would never understand how anyone could live off of something that could fail you when you most needed it. But the feline shrugged and left, letting her thoughts find voice.
    "I cant help but wonder what it would have been like if the evolution never hit us."
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Gail strolled beside Kasa, silent for the most part, his mind churning over what had just happened. When his friend spoke up about the evolution, he gave a weak shrug.
    "We wouldn't really be here. We'd probably be just running amuck in the wild, and not fighting against the humans."
    With the idea in his mind, he tried to imagine it. But he quickly shook it out, not wanting to think about it. They would still be house-pets, not much better than humans themselves.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:19 pm